Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanks a Bunch {and Collin's Recital}

So..I quite often buy patterned paper, but don't use it in mass.  For Collin and Marcel's teachers, I decided I needed to use up some of my patterned paper for their teacher card sets. The card sets have eight different cards (2 each of the following):  thank you, sympathy, birthday and thinking of you. This card is one of the thank you cards.  I used eight different sheets of patterned paper to create a colorful background.  The cards were then finished off with Reverse Confetti flowers and sentiment.  Love that RC set.  I'm pleased to be using up some of my patterned paper!

I had a bit of time this weekend to catch up with some of my Project Life layouts.  Still in love with that app.  Collin had his recital a few weeks ago at a local restaurant. We were able to enjoy a glass of wine/beer as about 20 different children performed. Great way to spend the afternoon!  We are so blessed to have our family close by to support our children.



14 comments:

~amy~ said...

What wonderful gifts for the kids' teachers! I'm sure that they really appreciate them. Gorgeous colors and stamping.

What fun pictures!!! Such thee musical family!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I (cough cough) have quite a bit of patterned paper and I don't even feel like I buy lots of it (laughing). Love the bright colours, can't wait to see more.

Kristie Goulet said...

Great way to use up your patterned papers. I need to do this too!! Love this design too!! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE your card, Lynn! I wish I could get ahold of this diag design! I just can't get my creations to look this good:) LOVE the flowers and the enamel dots and the chevrons--- TRENDY and FUN! YOU ROCK:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn what a perfect teacher gift, they will appreciate those so much! You are doing great with your PL layouts! Love this event you captured. Getting on with mine in the new year is a priority!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lynn! This card is perfect for using up dp! I've been trying, but not hard enough...now you've inspired me. Back to the craft room now, got a challenge I want to meet and can do this very thing. LOL!
Hugs,
Sunshine Sharon

Lindsey said...

Adore this card! What a fabulous gift idea! Loving he cute photos of Collin, too!

Kay Miller said...

Your card is so pretty Lynn! I Love the idea of making the sets and using up some of the patterned paper that we buy so much of! ( that would be me :) Love your PL pages! That app does make it fast and easy!

sandie said...

Great card, bright and full of sunshine colours x

Marisa said...

Adore this and I'm sure the teachers will too! Happy Thanksgiving to you ((hugs))

Maureen said...

I would love to be one of your boys' teacher :) This card is so bright and cheery! Yeah for using up patterened paper! It can be a tough one! The action shots of Collin are great! Sounds like a fun time in the audience ;) ox

Deepti said...

Such a happy card! I love the colorful chevron BG :)

Kara said...

lovely! love the chevron!

Judith said...

Oh, Lynn, you inspired me with this card. I really love it! Thanks (I will show my CASed version later on my blog ((-;)